In The News
This morning in Court 57 of the Royal Courts of Justice, Nick Griffin and Simon Darby faced another costs hearing, resulting from their long running and disastrous attempt to bring civil actions against several former BNP officials – Kenny Smith, Nicholla Ritchie (now Mrs Smith), Steve Blake and Ian Dawson.
Griffin and Darby lost the first stages of this case as long ago as April 2008, lost the final stage in December 2010, and lost subsequent appeals. A few days ago Griffin was bankrupted in Welshpool County Court following an action by his own former solicitors, whom he had failed to pay.
Griffin and Darby were also of course ordered to pay the other side’s costs, and characteristically they have tried to drag out the process, tyring to avoid the bill for their hubris. A first instalment of £45,000 was eventually paid.
Today they were ordered to pay an additional instalment of £22,500 within 28 days.
Yet another costs hearing in the case is now scheduled for Friday 21st March. This is to allow the Official Receiver, who is now in charge of Nick Griffin’s affairs, to make representations if he so wishes. The total costs bill in this case is likely to be more than £130,000 (in addition to Griffin and Darby’s own costs).
Anyone considering making a donation to the British National Party should be aware that – contrary to Mr Griffin’s assertions – party funds are unlikely to be safe from Griffin and Darby’s creditors in this and other cases. Remember that today’s long running case (though the largest) is only one of several legal liabilities confronting Griffin and his party.
Nick Griffin did not turn up to court today, though Simon Darby and Clive Jefferson did. Surprisingly Heritage and Destiny was the only media organisation represented!
More In The News
- Nick Griffin MEP Declared Bankrupt
- World leaders gather for funeral of Marxist terrorist
- Latest twist in Maoist cult tale
- Marxist “slave” cult carried out “anti-fascist” assault
- ‘Citizen Smith’ leftist group: ‘slavery’ charges
- ‘Anti-fascist’ cleric exposed as pervert
- More immigration hypocrisy from both Labour and Littlejohn
- Trotskyist councillor caught up in far left turmoil: rape allegations against comrade
- Labour leader sacks black shadow minister in immigration row
- Winding up the EDL